Who would've thought another Spare the Air day would be a good thing?
I really wanted to take advantage of today's unseasonably hot weather by washing and blocking my Longina/Trigoria. Here, you can see I've laid it out on a towel over an upturned laundry basket and it has been barbequeing nicely in the sun for the last couple of hours. It is super hot today, I would be shocked if it's not completely dry by this evening.
After a 10 or 15 minute soak in cold water and a bit of Dreft (baby laundry detergent), the stitches evened out and the wool softened up. A lot of black dye leeched out during the soak, but so I haven't noticed any fading--something I'm not worried about much anyway, this yarn is Black with a capital B.
So, the last element I had to decide on was the collar. If you can see the collar in that photo, I followed Miriam Felton's tutorial for a knitted on border. (Collar, border, same thing.) That technique was brand new to me and it took a few tries before I was satisfied. One thing I ended up modifying--of course!--was I didn't slip any of the stitches. I really liked this knitted on border business; I think it added to the shape of the neckline, the structure of the yoke, plus it just looks pretty damn good.
The funny thing about this whole thing is I'm not even done yet. Like I said, I really wanted to take advantage of the hot weather so I just transferred the live bottom hem stitches to some spare yarn and went forth.