9.03.2009

Longina Progress

A couple months ago, I was trying to figure out what to make to get back into the knitting game. I can safely say my Trina/Longoria (aka Longina) Cardi is coming out pretty swell and has followed all protocol to a T.



Is it portable? Yes, it fits snugly into my knitting bag which fits snugly into my messenger bag along with my lunch box and my other crap.
Is it smushable? Yes, I love working something all in one piece on circs.
Does it keep me interested? Yes, it's been about a year since I've knitted a major piece and since I'm modifying not one but two patterns pretty much on the fly, I'm being extra anal about everything and it has to be Perfect.

I've gotten into the habit of taking it to work and knitting during my lunch break. A few people have questioned the oddly shaped black mass crumpled in my lap and I've learned a some are also crafters; knit, crochet, sew, or some combo of the three. Someone on my team is also a knitter whose grandmother in Mexico used spin her own yarn--ZOMG!--and she was making fun of my knitting style, English/Throw. Hopefully she can teach me how to properly knit Continental/Pick because, from what I hear, it makes the stockinette go exponentially faster, but I really suck at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment