8.16.2009

Knit Something!

I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up the knitting needles for myself.  Sure I make little things here and there.  I made a Little Something over the weekend, but that was crochet (a flower to accessorize an outfit for a wedding at the end of the month.)  But I haven't made a Big Something.  Last year, I knitted a cute sweater.  This year, I think I've been feeling cardigan-y but I've been stuck on the idea of some regular old grandma cardigan



Over time, I finally came up with what I'd like.  I can picture it in my head and all that, but it's always nice to see if there is a pattern to save me from doing all the requisite measuring and calculating. The closest I could find, via Rav, was the Trina Cardigan, a lovely pattern by Hillary of The Yarniad.  It's exactly up my alley; the stand-up collar, the raglan shaping, the 3/4 sleeves, and 3 buttons at the top only.  Plus, it's free!  There are some other details I want to work out to my own preferences, but so far this one is hitting the spot.

Next up, yarn for Trina.

2 comments:

  1. I like your philosophy of knitting one project for yourself per year. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress. Keep on knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara! Thanks for the encouragement :) I always want to knit like a million things, but it usually ends up that I can only make one big thing.

    ReplyDelete