11.18.2010

Back to Normal

Everything is back to normal.
I love caaaashmere.

Hi.

I have not been crafty in fooorrrevverrrr.  I don't know if you'd call six-plus months of not knitting, crocheting or scrapbooking that significant of an absence, but for someone who doesn't have time for many other hobbies, it has felt like forever. In that time, I had a milestone birthday--one that I'm still getting used to, quite honestly.  Aside from that, thanks to some friends who gave me a gift certificate to KnitPicks, I fell back on the craftywagon.

With my gift, I got a yarn ball winder, which I broke in not even half an hour after it arrived in the mail with two-year old hank of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool; two KP lint shavers; two Clover hooks in H and J; and two beautiful bouncy balls of KP Capra cashmere/merino in Admiral (a plummy navy) and Fairy Tale (a deep fuchsia).

That yarn ball winder is so much fun.  I dug through some of my stash and wound everything that needed to be more yarn ball-y.  With the Capra, I just CO for a new winter cowl. Only 9 rows in and it's already so soft and smooshy.  And, I think having two essential hook sizes will get me into the crochet thing again since zigzags and non-granny granny squares have been on the brain all summer. 

I'm glad it's winter. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY. I soooo knew you'd get inspired to start up again now that the weather was getting colder. I remembered around the start of summer you said "it's too hot to knit" .. look at me and the memory! woot! ;) Glad you are enjoying your gift!

    ReplyDelete